We buy houses in Annapolis Maryland and we know that selling your property is something you’ll have to do maybe just a few times in your life.
If you don’t have a local Annapolis MD real estate agent who is willing to sell your home for free or at a discounted commission, it can be a real hassle and an expensive process. Don’t hire a Realtor to sell your house in Maryland!
Here are a few common reasons why you might not want to hire an agent when selling a home.
- Your equity is too low to cover the cost of a real estate agent’s commission.
- If you own the home outright, you may want to save money by selling it yourself instead of hiring a real estate agent.
- If you are facing foreclosure, or are at risk of foreclosure, you may need to sell your home quickly, without having to pay thousands of dollars in agent commissions.
- You’re facing foreclosure (or are about to), and you need to sell quickly without having to pay thousands of dollars in agent commissions.
- The Annapolis MD area’s housing market is such that you cannot wait several months to sell your property–you will want to try and do so more quickly.
- You don’t want to wait around for months on end to sell your property in the Annapolis MD area – you want to try and sell it more quickly.
Whichever situation you find yourself in there are ways on how to sell your home by yourself to local Annapolis MD home buyers.
Since 2013, the housing market has been on the rebound. If you play your cards right, selling your home will be a lucrative endeavor. In many cases, it comes down to utilizing smart marketing techniques and being realistic about what you hope to achieve through the sale.
If you are preparing to make a sale of the Annapolis MD area property you own, read these ideas to obtain a better idea of how to do it yourself.
Let’s Take a Closer Look at How to Sell Your Home Without Help in the Annapolis MD Area.
Learn the Annapolis MD Housing Market
Before you list your home for sale in the Annapolis MD area, it’s crucial that you do your homework on the local real estate market. You’ll want to understand what those who are looking to buy a home in your neighborhood are looking for.
This means visiting home pricing websites like Zillow, Eppraisal, and the Chase home value estimator, calling a couple of real estate agents to get their opinion on your home’s worth, and reading up on different pricing strategies.
By taking the time to do this research, you’ll be able to come up with a fair asking price for those looking to buy a house in your neighborhood and avoid making common mistakes that could cost you money.
If you don’t want to go through the trouble of trying to estimate your home’s value, give us a call at (410) 870-9228.
We’ll give you an honest appraisal of what your home is worth on the retail market (if you’re willing to wait 3-6+ months to find the perfect buyer). And if you want to, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your property.
This way, you have the option of selling your house quickly (we can close in as little as 7 days if you want to).
Assess Maryland’s Seller Market
The next step is to research your neighborhood and compare your house to similar homes in the area. If there are a lot of foreclosures in your neighborhood, that could lower the price of your home.
The average listing price for homes in your neighborhood is an important piece of information to consider when selling your home.
Do you know how many homes are for sale that are in foreclosure in your neighborhood in Annapolis, MD? Do you know what the average listing prices and selling prices are? A high number of foreclosures in the area can negatively impact on your home’s value.
Determine the Value of Your Home in Annapolis
Your property will sell at a better price if it is in good condition. Find things that make your property stand-out and use them to market it. For example, a house with driveway parking in Annapolis MD may be less appealing to potential buyers than one with garage parking.
In addition, does your house need any repairs? Do you need to repaint the interior or exterior? What is the condition of the roof? Is the landscaping in good condition? Is the property outdated in any way (for example, those popcorn ceilings, floor to ceiling mirrors covering the wall, or shag carpet in the basement)?
These factors can make a home more or less appealing to buyers, which will affect the price they are willing to pay.
After taking all of this into consideration, come up with an asking price for your Annapolis MD home that is fair. You don’t want to price it too high, or it will take you a long time to sell the house. You want to price it attractively so you will have a lot of buyers who are ready to purchase it quickly.
Use Professional Real Estate Photos or Videos in Maryland
Media is extremely important to Annapolis MD buyers. If you want to reach a wider market, take videos of the house while you’re walking through it.
Although videos are thought to be more transparent than photos, this does not mean that you should not use photos as well. Photos are often more affordable than videos.
So hire a great real estate photographer! Take pictures of the exterior of the property from a few different angles… people want to see the house before they ever come to see it.
If your property’s online photos are great, you’re more likely to find the right buyer quickly. If they’re not, you could end up waiting months to sell.
Marketing Your MD Home: Why You Need To Get It Listed On The MLS
If you’re looking to sell your house in Annapolis, MD, you can hire a real estate broker to list it on the local MLS.
This will make it visible to all the real estate agents in the area, though you should be prepared to pay buyers’ agents a commission of 2-3% if they’re helping you find a buyer.
Negotiate With Buyers and Buyer Agents
When you don’t hire a Realtor to sell your house, it is important to be prepared to negotiate with buyers and their agents. By understanding the common negotiating tactics used by buyers, sellers can be better prepared to achieve their desired sale price.
Some common tactics used by buyers include lowballing, making repair requests, and asking for closing cost assistance. Sellers should be prepared to counter these tactics with their own negotiating strategies.
Don’t Want to Put in the Effort to Sell Your House Yourself?
Selling your house yourself doesn’t have to be hard!
Many Annapolis MD home sellers think that by marketing the house themselves, they are saving money and time. However, this often ends up costing them more money in the long run.
What you need to think about when you’re selling your own home…
- If you are not a good marketer or are not willing to spend a lot of time marketing your house, then selling it yourself may not be the best option for you.
- If you don’t do a good job preparing the property and the marketing materials… and working with buyers to really build the value of your house in their minds… you may actually sell the property for 3-8% less than you would get if an experienced person marketed the home for you.
- If you’re a seller and your house isn’t selling, that means you’re still responsible for the mortgage, taxes, insurance, utilities, etc. every month that your house doesn’t sell, you’re losing out on $1,300 in interest. If it takes you 7 months to sell your house, you will have to pay an extra $9,100. Not to mention the taxes and insurance you paid during that time. So, if you were able to sell the property more quickly, would it make sense for you to provide a buyer with a discounted price today so you can close quickly and move on? Something to think about.
Sell My House In Annapolis MD
If you’re not interested in going through the hassle of selling your Maryland house yourself, we can help you sell it quickly for a fair price without any commissions or fees.
At Creo Home Buyers, we purchase homes in the Annapolis, MD area.
We are interested in buying your home and would like to make you a cash offer. There is no obligation or pressure to sell, and we can close quickly if you’re interested.
We will give you a call to set up a time for one of our experts to come out and see your home. We will make you an all-cash offer on your home as-is. We will also take care of any repairs that need to be made so you don’t have to worry about it.